Monday, March 21, 2011

But I refuse to be who you want [who people want]

Sometimes I,  I just want to close my eyes And act like everyone’s alright  When I know they’re not. This world needs God But it’s easier to stand and watch.  I could pray a prayer and just move on, Like nothing’s wrong.

But I refuse.


‘Cause I don’t want to live like I don’t care. I don’t want to say another empty prayer. Oh, I refuse to Sit around and wait for someone else To do what God has called me to do myself. Oh, I could choose Not to move but I refuse.

I can hear the least of these  Crying out so desperately,  And I know we are the hands and feet  Of you, oh God. So, if you say move, Then it’s time for me to follow through, And do what I was made to do. Show them who you are.

‘Cause I don’t want to live like I don’t care. I don’t want to say another empty prayer. Oh, I refuse to Sit around and wait for someone else To do what God has called me to do myself. Oh, I could choose Not to move but I refuse.


To stand and watch  The weary and lost  Cry out for help. I refuse To turn my back  And try and act like all is well. I refuse To stay unchanged, To wait another day, To die to myself. I refuse To make one more excuse. 



‘Cause I don’t want to live like I don’t care. I don’t want to say another empty prayer. Oh, I refuse to
Sit around and wait for someone else To do what God has called me to do myself. Oh, I could choose Not to move but I refuse.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm really sorry but I'm not in any photo on my blog.
Anyway, I love all the comments you leave here, and I'm pretty sure they will make my day. Thank you! ❤ ❤